Review: Gravity


Gravity
Gravity by Dannika Dark

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I was introduced to Dannika Dark's Mageri series only a short time ago, but since then I've devoured each book multiple times and was chomping at the bit for the chance to read Gravity. Fans of the series are going to adore it. There are some serious highs and some devastating lows, but the conclusion left me yearning for more.

The book begins with Silver as she gets settled into her life with Justus and contends with Logan's courtship. It was frustrating for me to see her still fighting the inevitability of it. As has happened in previous novels, the action takes off quickly and makes it hard to put the book down. Throughout the narration bounced around to the POVs of several different characters, which I found a bit frustrating since all I really wanted to know was what would happen next with Silver. On my first reading, I sailed through in just over 3 hours and skimmed several sections with characters I wasn't as interested in. I've never been a huge fan of the Knox/Sunny relationship for no particular reason other than the characters don't resonate with me as much, so I tend to skim pages that involve them on the first read-through. When I re-read it, I'll tread more carefully so I can gain a full appreciation for their storyline. There are also some interesting steps forward for Justus, who was left broken at the close of [b:Impulse|13571893|Impulse (Mageri, #3)|Dannika Dark|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1343774034s/13571893.jpg|19152347]. I hope we'll get to see more development of his storyline in the coming novel. We also get to see a good bit of Christian, but not enough Simon for my tastes.

What I appreciate most about this series, and Gravity in particular, is Dannika Dark's unwillingness to pull any punches. Her love scenes are some of the more believable and stirring that I've read, and her characters grapple with themes we can all relate to, despite not having any magical powers or DNA. There was a pretty huge amount of heartbreak in the novel, but it was tempered beautifully. I love that Dannika's readers are respected and not spoon-fed details, at the close we are left satisfied in some areas while wringing our hands and asking why in others. I'm excited for the release of the next book, and will definitely be pouring over this one, and the previous novels, several times before its release.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An End to the Haitus?

Crock Pot Italian Butter Chicken

Working from home