Snow days

The DC area has been hard-hit with snow this Winter. I must admit, I've loved every minute of it. The snow has been absolutely beautiful to watch fall, and it really offers a sense of peace to my busy world (the blizzard we had earlier this week notwithstanding).

My favorite part of all the snow? I didn't have to go to work! Staying home with my baby (DH is essential personnel, so he worked all week) has been wonderful. We played together. Took long walks through the snow. Rolled around on the bed and stayed in our PJs all day. Tried new foods and I tried my hand at baking. Danced to music, read books, and rocked ourselves silly.

I was supposed to go to work today, but my bus never came. Oh well! So I'm working from home today, but it's not the same. I'm stuck at my computer (clearly working hard - don't judge it's lunch time!), and Adrian is enjoying lunch with his sitter. (One day I'll write a little more about her.) I actually took a shower and got dressed this morning. Combed my hair, packed my lunch, and was ready to head into the city.

I'm really glad I didn't have to go.

This leaves four more days in the office at my current job (Monday is a Federal holiday). I went from nine days to four days in the blink of an eye. I can't say I'm sorry about that at all. I didn't factor in any "time off" between jobs, but Mother Nature saw fit to grant me a little time. So, thank you! I think I used it well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An End to the Haitus?

Crock Pot Italian Butter Chicken

Working from home